Sunday, November 2, 2008

This is the End (?)

Well Narnia has been over for some time now and I realized I haven't given anyone a proper account my experience with my first show.

First of all I would like to thank all of you who came to see me perform: Elise, Kas, Zoey, Megan, Ruben, Moe, Lauren, Diann, Hailey, Sydney, and Emily (no not the aunt the friend from school, I am still pissed that the Emily didn't show up, well maybe not upset). You all rock, please tell me what you thought of the show, and me of course!

Doing 16 performances of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was a wonderful, horrible, life changing event! I'm so glad for all the friends I made while doing this show and for the experience of performing live in such a way. I have to say that I loved being Fenris Ulf! Just being able to act out being a wolf was incredible! And not "just a wolf" the wolf, the only villain with a name(the witch/queen has a name but it's never used to address her)! Half of the only one-on-one fight scene. I have established a real back story for him which really helped me to bring him to life, in case anyone was wondering why it was so good lol jkjk

Also for anyone I didn't tell I was actually on stage the entire show! See after my death scene I had to run behind the stone table to break it, which was hell. The actual breaking of the table wasn't a problem, it was some of the other people involved with the scene changes and them not putting trees where they belong. Just a little fun fact for all of you who are interested.

Since this is over now I'm looking forward to my next acting endeavor. I have two possibilities that I am considering. First, and the most likely to happen, is the next show at EVCT, The Golden Butterfly, auditions are Dec. 8th and 9th. This is very appealing for the fact that there are people at EVCT that I really like and hope to see at this show. Furthermore, after my last show with them I feel I could get very far if I continue to work with them. The other is Arsenic and Old Lace with Desert Ridge Theatre. Problem with this show is that I am very unlikely to get a good part considering the director doesn't like me, it would force Sean and Stacie to stay after school, which I know they hate, and there would only be 3 performances, I know this sounds like it should be a good thing but I honestly enjoyed doing 16 shows. On the other hand it would make my standings in high school drama better and if I choose to pursue theatre into college, I think at least one high school show would look good. Any suggestions?

Once again thanks to all of you who came. I look forward to doing more shows where ever it may be and seeing more of you come out as I develop my abilities!!!

2 comments:

jaust.me said...

It was fun to come see you. You did leave Emma and Addy off your list of awesomeness. They came too. Honestly, you stole the show. You did great! We liked the witch too, but that lion is an overacter.

ducklips said...

I have to say you were the best actor onstage. Zo was so excited to see you afterward.
Can't wait to see your next show. Are you still going to do that improv thing?